BYLAWS OF CROTON HARMON TIGERS BOOSTER CLUB (A Not-for-Profit 501(c)(3) Corporation)
Name The name of this organization shall be “Croton Harmon Tigers Booster Club, Inc.” (referred to hereafter as the Booster Club”) which is registered as a not-for-profit organization pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
1. To enhance the Croton-Harmon athletic program and the experiences it provides to student athletes, the school system and the extended community.
2. To provide financial support towards athletic education and performance.
3. To promote the mental, physical, emotional and social benefits of interscholastic athletic competition throughout the Croton-Harmon athletic program. 4. To foster enjoyment of and encourage life long appreciation of athletics.
Membership in the Booster Club is open to the parents and legal guardians of students in the Croton-Harmon Senior and Junior High Schools. Members shall have all privileges of membership as provided for in these Bylaws. Each member in good standing shall be entitled to one vote at all general membership meetings. Guests are welcome to attend all general membership meetings but do not have the right to vote.
General Membership Meetings. General membership meetings are open to the public and are customarily scheduled for the second Monday of every month starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Croton Harmon High School conference room. All scheduled meetings are posted on the Croton Harmon School District’s calendar. The Board, at its discretion, may elect not to hold a regular monthly general membership meeting during any given month.
Special Meetings. Special meetings of the Booster Club may be called at any time by the President, Secretary or any two (2) or more Officers, or upon the written request of five (5) members in good standing of the Booster Club.
Quorum. A quorum for the conducting of all business shall be five (5) members in good standing. Order of Business.
The Order of Business at meetings, as far as practical, shall be:
1. Call to Order.
2. Review and Approval of Minutes.
3. Special Orders of Business.
4. Athletic Director’s Report.
5. President’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Financial Report.
8. Old Business Business.
9. New Business.
Voting. The act of a majority of the members at a meeting at which quorum is present shall be the act for all of the members.
Officers. Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of the members of the Booster Club present and in good standing at the meeting held during the month of July as a Special Order of Business. Officers shall be elected for a term of one (1) year. The new Officers shall take office immediately upon winning their Officer and continue with the business of the July meeting thereafter. The Officers of the Booster Club shall be: (1) President; (2) Vice President; (3) Secretary; and (4) Treasurer. The Officers shall also be the Executive Board of the Booster Club.
Duties of Officers. Each Officer shall fulfill the following duties:
1. President. Shall preside over all meetings of the Booster Club. Shall personally represent the Booster Club or appoint a delegate where representation is deemed advisable. May appoint special committees.
2. Vice President. Shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be delegated to him/her by the President or the general membership. In the absence or disability of the President, he/she shall perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President.
3. Secretary. Shall keep the minutes of all meetings. Shall keep such other records as directed by the Executive Board. Shall sign with the President, or with the Vice President, all contracts in the name of the Booster Club. Shall perform all the duties usually incident to the Office of Secretary.
4. Treasurer. Shall keep the financial records of the Booster Club, pay bills as approved by the Executive Board, have custody over all funds, and shall maintain records of all Booster Club property
Nominations & Elections. Nominations for any Officer position shall be made upon the call for nominations at the July meeting during the Special Order of Business. Any member in good standing may make a nomination, including a self-nomination. Nominees must be in good standing. Once all nominations have been closed, a secret ballot vote shall be taken for each contested Officer position. In the event that an Officer position is uncontested, one (1) vote shall be cast in favor of the uncontested position by the Secretary. For all contested positions, the candidate receiving the most votes shall be awarded the position. In the case of a tie, a second round of votes shall be cast. If a tie persists after the second round of voting, a coin flip shall be used to determine the winner of the Officer position in question.
Vacancies. Any vacancy in the Executive Board occurring during the year, may be filled for the unexpired portion of the term by affirmative vote of the majority of existing Officers of the Executive Board at a meeting called of only the Officers of the Executive Board for such sole purpose.
Limitation of Liability
Limitation of Liability
1. No member of the Booster Club shall be required to furnish bond or surety, or shall be liable or responsible for acts of omission or errors of the Board, or of any predecessors or counsel selected with reasonable care.
2. No member of the Booster Club shall be personally liable to the organization of its members for monetary damages for breach of fiduciary duty as an officer or director, notwithstanding any provision of law imposing such liability: provided, however, that this provision shall not eliminate the liability of any member of the Booster Club, to the extent that such liability is imposed by applicable law, (i) for any breach of the member’s duty of loyalty to the organization or its members (ii) for acts or omissions not in good faith or which involve intentional misconduct or a knowing violation of law, or (iii) for any transaction from which the member of the Booster Club derived an improper personal benefit. No amendment to or repeal of this provision shall apply to or have any affect on the liability or alleged liability of any member of the Booster Club for or with respect to any acts or omissions of such member occurring prior to such amendment or repeal.
3. Neither the Booster Club, nor any member, shall have the power to bind the members or the individual members or Officers of the organization, personally. All persons or corporations extending credit to, contracting with, or having claims against the organization, shall look only to the funds and property of the organization for the payment of any debt, damage, judgment, or decree, or of any money that may otherwise become due and payable to them from the organization, so that neither the members nor the Booster Club, present or future, shall be personally liable therefore.
4. No member of the Booster Club shall be personally liable to the organization or its members or guests in any maintenance or recreational activity
The fiscal year of the Booster Club shall begin July 1st of each year and end at midnight on the 30th day of June of each year.
The Bylaws may be amended, repealed, altered, in whole or in part, at a general membership meeting by a two-thirds vote of the membership present and voting, provided that the proposed amendment has been discussed during at least one previous meeting.
WHEREFORE, these Bylaws have been approved and adopted this 11th day of January, 2022.
/s/ Lorri Zelman, President
/s/ Suzanne Delasho, Secretary